Insight offers a dynamic, energetic and highly collaborative work environment. Our teams work on a variety of exciting consumer, medical, and commercial projects for clients based all over the world. Our researchers push past the limits of traditional design research methods to provide our clients and design team with knowledge, opportunities, and inspiration that lead to meaningful and innovative new products and experiences. Our researchers are part of a multi-disciplinary team involved in the design process, from defining the strategic direction all the way though the development process.
How we want you to contribute:
- Develop research approaches and proposals based on an understanding of clients’ goals and needs
- Develop and apply innovative ways of collecting and analyzing data to uncover and characterize new product opportunities, categories, features, and innovations
- Lead research programs to understand user goals, workflows, interactions, and experiences
- Lead research programs to understand user needs, emotional drivers, and belief systems
- Lead iterative research touch-points to evaluate concept value and usability
- Contribute to product definition and strategy through the integration of multiple resources (secondary research, field work, or quantitative data)
- Work closely and collaboratively with user experience designers and creative engineers
- Interact extensively with clients during all phases of the program and be willing to travel the world!
- 4+ years of professional experience in product development research, or related field
- Background in anthropology, cognitive science, human factors, business, marketing, or design
- Experience with contextual research methods (interviewing, observational research, usability testing, survey development, etc.)
- Background in anthropology, sociology, human factors, psychology, cognitive science, ergonomics, business, marketing, design, or product strategy is beneficial
- Ability to plan and coordinate research efforts in an organized and detailed manner, while being able to adapt to changes in program schedule and scope
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective strategic direction from research outputs
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Adobe Illustrator, and InDesign; familiarity with image and video processing and editing software like Photoshop and iMovie is a plus
- Familiarity in data management tools; capacity to plan and conduct statistical studies a plus
- Excellent communication (verbal, visual, and text), analytical, and presentation abilities
- Strong, collaborative interpersonal work style
Please apply only if you meet the requirements!
Send your résumé and work samples to: email@example.com
Please put "Sr. Researcher" as the subject of your email.
No phone calls please.